2 Chronicles 16:9
Assignment: Compare / Contrast Dr. T. J. Eckleburg’s All-Seeing Eyes with that of the Lord’s All-Seeing Eyes. Note the difference between the billboard eyes when judging sin and the Lord’s eyes when forgiving sin. (This is an analysis response. Please write accordingly.)
Question: What is this Bible passage suggesting to the reader?
**Submit Assignment, please.
In the novel, Dr. T. J. Eckleburg symbolizes the eyes of God. For the following assignment, you will need your Bible.
- Define omniscient.
- Locate 7 scripture verses that refer to God as omniscient.
- Of the verses, which one, if any appeals to you the most?
- What is conviction?
- What is condemnation?
- Locate a scripture verse that refers to condemnation. Explain its meaning.
- What is Fitzgerald hinting to the reader about his religious life, possibly, and that of the characters in the novel? Perhaps, he is not hinting anything. If so, provide analysis that proves that point as well.
Submit for grading, please:-)
1. Who is this?
Real picture during World War II
2. Norman Rockwell recreated the picture here.
Who was Norman Rockwell?
Real picture during World War I
Assignment: What decade was the first picture created? 20’s? 30’s? 40’s? ………
Who is this lady in the 1 picture?
What is the purpose for picture 1?
Was the purpose accomplished through the picture?
What does the picture symbolize in America…..?
Which character in The Great Gatsby most represents this lady in picture 1? (working class)
*****submit for grading, please 🙂
- The American Dream
- The Roaring Twenties
- Stock Market Crash
- Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Wall Street – Bear Market
- Wall Street – Bull Market – recognize picture
- Louis Armstrong / Jazz Age
- Prohibition Act
- Woodrow Wilson / term / contributions/ recognize picture
- Warren Harding / term / contributions / recognize picture
- Calvin Coolidge / term / contributions / recognize picture
- The Scopes Trial – understand well
- morality / absolute truth
(A) Define well, locate pictures when stated.
(B) Create a story that uses 15 of the vocabulary words. The words must be correctly used in the sentences as part of the story for credit. HIGHLIGHT and NUMBER each word in the story.
****Submit for credit